Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

7499 results found

1. Kung Fury (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg)

The movie itself is utterly hilarious and relatively short. This actually was shown at the Cannes Film Festival! Acting is horribly stiff, the entire 1980s feel gives it the proper level of "cheese", and there is just SO much to riff on!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. The Shining (1997)

So Stephen King thinks this 90 minute TV adaptation with TV's "Wings" star Steven Weber is a better film than Kubricks's masterpiece? I think it's long overdue he be taken down a notch. It has my award for "Most Random Casting": Rebecca De Mornay, Elliot Gould, Sam Raimi, Miguel Ferrer, Melvin Van Peebles, and of course, King himself (absolutely no ego in that). In television terms, it is a high budget (for the time) delight in failure. Let's see if we can celebrate that in the best way we know how!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hawk the Hunter

Hawk the Hunter is the long awaited sequel to Hawk the Slayer. Currently it's got 28 days left to raise the $500k for production so I encourage everyone to help fund it on Kickstarter so we can watch it get Riffed on. You all know you want it.
    Below is the campaign link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/723609774/hawk-the-hunter?ref=HappeningNewsletterSep0215

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Saw 2

Please do Saw 2. I would gladly purchase the track three times over. I would do it even for the original because it's even worse, four time over.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Vegetable Soup (1973 - Syndicated TV Show)

This one I'll have a bit better for you. Now I know RiffTrax doesn't riff TV shows per se, but this one you might love to riff at least one of the episodes for this one made shows from Sid Marty & Krofft look positively normal. In fact if Mike, Bill and Kevin view this first episode I've linked to, they'll probably think 'Fun in Balloonland' is a cake walk compared to this.

So what is 'Vegetable Soup?' Possibly a show designed by Andy Warhol to compliment his art? You wish.

Once upon a riff, Kevin lamented that 'Free to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Metric System (PBS TV Series 1978)

What do the aci film shorts and this series have in common? They were both: (1) Insanely produced and; (2) aired on PBS' GRETA (Gulf Regional Education Television Affiliates) time during the school years (mainly used by home schoolers at time, or what your parents made you watch instead of 'Gilligan's Island' when you were sick).

Anyway onto this series.. as the RiffTrax Crew knows from their plethora of aci shorts, producers had a bizarre way of 'education' the youth of the 70s. If it wasn't about making crafts out of refuse, it was counting turkeys in a pen, or…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "The Nasty Rabbit" starring Arch Hall,Jr.

It's in color, It's supposed to be funny but isn't. The characters are unbelievably awful. Its got Arch Hall, Sr. and Jr. and a white rabbit that remarks on events around it.. I'd like to see what you guys do with this one.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. The Revenge of the Teenage Vixens From Outer Space (1985)

Pulling this out of the Fangarian Cauldron of Alphabet Soup Titles, this bizarre piece emerges from 1985. Though actually a spoof in itself, this B-Movie definitely deserves riffing for a plethora of reasons galore, but since the requirement here requires I give three good reasons (not to mention including a link and a photo), I'll just have to settle on this:

(1) The genre-hybrid/mash-up spoof: What can I say? This production came from Canada (I'm presuming, since this was also a direct-to-video/late night production), and apparently in the 80s, it was a trend to create spoofs of: Slasher films, horny…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Star Trek: Renegades

Even for a fan film this is pretty bad.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Saturday the 14th Strikes Back

A musical "comedy" that tries to gain a little leverage by insinuating it's a sequel to another little known B movie. It was made to be riffed. Oh, and it's got the other kid from Explorers in it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Attack of the Beast Creatures (1985)

Where to start. It's a horror movie about a stranded bunch of community theater actors being attacked by razor-toothed kachina dolls. Literally they're holding the dolls to their faces and bodies like they're graduates of the Bela Lugosi Attacked By Octopus Acting School.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Lawnmower Man 2: Jobe's War

Here lies a movie experience that could only be slightly surpassed by Satan farting in your face while your mouth's open.

1) The movie was apparently so weak that they couldn't get even one of the original actors to star in it.

2) Like so many modern movies, it relied on excessive CGI to supplant meaningful storytelling.

3) It has the kid from the Last Action Hero.

Thanks guys! I am, and will always be a huge fan!

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Futurekick (1991)

Pulling something from my Oriental Cauldron, I bring up a spicy little film called 'Futurekick.' Just as you once riffed 'Fist of Fury,' with Bruce Lee, this come from a series of action films by Don 'The Dragon' Wilson, who was famous for kickboxing.

1) One of the funnier 'Terminator/Total Recall' knockoffs: As the RiffTrax crew knows, throughout the 80s and 90s, whenever there was a box-office hit, the direct-to-video market would get flooded with these bad knock-offs. In this case, because Jean-Claude Van Damme did it with 'Cyborg,' (and I don't mean the DC Comics' Teen Titans member) apparently…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Nightmare Sisters (1988)

Direct from the Fangarian Cauldron, I pull forth the classic brew called, 'Nightmare Sisters.' Now as the RiffTrax Crew probably knows from riffing such classics as 'The Dark Power,' 'Rock and Roll Nightmare,' and 'Fever Lake,' the late-80s/early-90s brought forth some really horrible films. Nightmare Sisters happens to be one which is hilarious on the front that it was spoofing the whole 'exorcist/possession' craze which was hitting the horror scene.

1) The typical, inexplicable plot: The story first begins with a woman visiting a local medium (Omar), to find out what happened to her husband. Omar uses a crystal ball…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Space Station 76

Though this was suggested earlier, I'd thought I'd better expand this one so those can comprehend it why it should be included on the RiffTrax List.

Basically Space Station 76 was supposed to spoof the space craze which plagued films of the late-70s, thanks to Lucas' Star Wars. The problem came that some where so bad they even made the Star Wars' Holiday Special acceptable (Anyone recall 'The Ice Pirates,' or 'Galaxina?'). So sticking with the RMR format, I give the crew three good, detailed reason on why this film should be considered, although it's more on the recent end…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Adventures of Superpup

After George Reeves' death, the producers filmed a pilot on the set of the iconic TV series. Viewers' favorite characters were all there, played by hand puppets and little people in ridiculous animal costumes.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Fred: The Movie (2010)

In the vein of recent internet icons getting their own mainstream series/ specials(Annoying Orange, Grumpy Cat's Christmas), comes probably one of the earliest attempts of this type of genre-Fred: The Movie a low-budget 2010 made-for-TV-movie inspired by a YouTuber of the same name, whose main bit was that he was a high pitched, barely pubescent boy with the attention span of a rodent rambling off his wacky adventures like a kid coming off a sugar high. The movie, of which I use the term very, VERY loosely, is a disjointed mess, going from this kid's stalker fantasies under the guise…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Batman Returns

Some say that the fall of the first Batman franchise started with Batman Forever, but I beg to differ...
    1. Pee-Wee Herman attempts infanticide
    2. Batman burns a man alive
    3. Michelle Pfifer puts a live bird in her mouth
    4. Creepy, horny Cobblepot
    5. Christopher Walken
    6. Said infant (see above) grows up to attempt mass infanticide

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →