Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

7499 results found

1. Super Fuzz

In the early days of cable movie channels, this movie was always on. My brother and I loved it and I have absolutely no idea why! (It's in English, despite Wikipedia saying it's an Italian film.)

Wikipedia's synopsis:
    Super Fuzz or Poliziotto superpiù (also called Super Snooper) is an Italian comedy film about Dave Speed, a bumbling Miami police officer who gains super powers through accidental nuclear exposure. Directed by Sergio Corbucci and starring Terence Hill and Ernest Borgnine, it was released in 1980.

("Dave Speed" happens to be an obviously Italian guy using an Americanized a stage name.)

It…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Lone Wolf McQuade (1983)

Three words: David Carradine, Chuck Norris and cowboy hats.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Real Steel

It's that Rock em Sock em Robots rip off movie that nobody remembers!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Most Important Person

No, I'm not taking about what Kevin Murphy thinks of himself... or is it Bill Corbett? Or maybe Mary Jo? Bridget? Mike?

Oh, well. No, this was a series of animated films back in the Seventies which dealt with issues such as emotions and health, but in a funny and goofy way. A lot better than Churchill Films' Feelings series, because they don't just drop you without an ending.

So why should these shorts be riffed?

(1) Made a whole lot of them than ACI Films did. Seriously, there were several shorts made, and I recall they used them first…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CBS Children's Film Festival: What Next? (1975)

In honor of RiffTrax doing a MST3K Reunion Live, I'd thought I'd offer up some riffing material from the source which inspired the creation of MST3K in the first place: The CBS Children's Film Festival w/Kukla, Fran and Ollie.. or rather the short films they viewed with us back in the Sixties and Seventies..

First a little referencing since one CBS CFF short was offered up here earlier: Winter of the Witch: http://ideas.rifftrax.com/forums/244244-rifftrax-movie-requests/suggestions/6939247-winter-of-the-witch-1969-short-film-narrated-by

Now onto the first offering at hand.. What Next? And no this is not what Mike, Kevin and Bill would say as they head into RiffTrax HQ,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. 101 Dalmations

There should be 101 reasons why this movie should be riffed

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Joan Avoids a Cold (1947)

A Coronet short. Features a poster titled "How to Sit", the important of spitting toothpaste into the toilet, and the fact that cod liver oil is liquid sunshine.

See:
    https://archive.org/details/0042_Joan_Avoids_a_Cold_18_43_30_00-0013

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Rover Dangerfield

Animated Rodnedy Dangerfield as a DOG for kids?!?! I think that's 4 good reasons.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Beast

Long after the release of JAWS, author Peter Benchley must've been out of cash when he pitched an idea for a new 'under sea terror.' The result? The 1996 2-Night, TV Movie event known as "The BEAST."

Ripping off so much from that better sea creature film, it stars William 'That guy from CSI' Petersen as a fisherman who does battle with the elusive GIANT SQUID (Cue lighting effects and scary music sting!)

I don't know if it's possible to plagarize yourself but Benchley does it with this one. It features a grizzled fisherman, a dunce of a Mayor, and…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. A Crack in the Floor

A Crack in the Floor http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236126/

Low budget slasher movie with little plot, farcical dialog etc. I used to play a game where I would try to trick people to rent this from my local movie store because it's hilariously bad. Ripe for riffing.
    1. It stars Mario Lopez (AC Slater).
    2. Gary Busey has a ridiculous cameo involving live chickens.
    3. This is the movie cover:

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the great smokey roadblock

This Henry Fonda classic has it all....Bad acting a terrible score a screenplay that features long haul trucking as its main plot. This was a down period in Fondas career...Which makes it all the more great. To see such a screen legend reduced to a Trucker movie....Well aint that America indeed.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Nightmare City (1980)

"Nightmare City is a 1980 Italian-Spanish zombie film directed by Umberto Lenzi. The film stars Hugo Stiglitz as a television news reporter who witnesses the collapse of order in a city overrun by irradiated blood-drinking ghouls. Victims of the ghouls rise from the dead to join the host, adding to the chaos."

A zombie movie starring B-movie star Hugo Stiglitz. Make up, effects and dub is pretty bad, but there is something awesome about this movie.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fresh Horses 1988

A classic 80's movie starring Andrew McCarthy and Molly Ringwald- that isn't Pretty and Pink and also has Viggo Mortensen and Ben Stiller you say? Well Fresh Horses is that film! This angsty film is all about what happens when you go with the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, and not in a good way- and why? Just why? Nice-ish guy McCarthy meets up with semi-schitzophrenic Ringwald and both their lives are slightly never the same- in Cincinnati! For anyone who ever wanted a Pretty In Pink squeak-uel with an unhappy ending- this might kind of fill…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BloodRayne

1. BloodRayne (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BloodRayne_(film)) is based on a video game and directed by Uwe Boll so it's already begging for someone to end its misery. The dhampir/vampire plot is simple, yet frustratingly convoluted. It had a budget of $25 million and earned a bit over $3 million at the box office.

2. Ben Kingsley is in it; he STILL hasn't figured out why. Billy Zane is there too, modelling a wig that would better pass as a taxidermied skunk. Michelle Rodriguez tries a British accent... and fails. Michael Madsen has no clue where he is or what he's doing and delivers…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stephen King

Try to count all the tropes in his movies, and just try to take his work seriously

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)

Welcome to another Fangarian suggestion for riffing from the Transylvanian Film Vaults. This one I dug up stars the director of 'Rosemary's Baby' himself, Roman Polanski.

First off the actual title is 'The Fearless Vampire Killers or Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are In My Neck.' (Good thing for us, 'Once Bitten' had not been produced back then, or Polanski would've probably given us an ENTIRELY different movie..)

Mike: Fangarius...

Oh, yes, where was I? The Fearless Vampire Killers.. well, the title pretty much says it all.. if Fearless means 'complete idiots going to Transylvania to disturb the vampires, when…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Star Trek I, III or IV

Come on, you finally finished off Harry Potter, now finish off the Original Cast Star Trek films! ;-)

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base