Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

7499 results found

1. Meltdown: Days of Destruction

It's Casper van Dien. C'mon.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (BBC version)

1. It's by the late Douglas Adams, just after he was script editor of Tom Baker era Doctor Who.
    2. It's obviously well written but the 70's look speaks for itself.
    3. It may be hard getting the rights, but I'm sure the late Douglas would appreciate it.
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time

I summon Mike, Kevin and Bill to the field and inflict damage to this movie.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Freddy's Nightmares

Though I am a Nightmare on Elm Street fan, I was unaware this show existed until recently. It is set around the same time as the first couple movies, and takes place in Springwood which is where the movies take place. There are episodes that revolve around Freddy Krueger terrorizing citizens in their dreams, but others tell a horror story, where in the end someone gets screwed because they "should have known better." Thing is it's the 80s and it shows. It has bad acting, poor cinematography, insensitivity to women & those who are "different", and best of all it…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Habitat (1997)

"In a future world where Earth's ozone layer has been completely destroyed, a brilliant but obsessed scientist, Hank Symes uses illegally obtained biological materials for an experiment that he hopes will save the world. In the course of his work, a terrible accident occurs, transforming him into a fantastic otherworldly lifeform and changing his house into a huge living entity which threatens all who enter."

Bad acting, sub-par CG, and there's so much glitter covered slime. just. everywhere. This movie really made me understand why so many crafters consider glitter to be the Herpes of the craft world.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Aztec Rex

The 2007 made for TV masterpiece starring Ian Ziering as Cortez.

The Aztecs summon a poorly rendered 3D T-Rex to keep the conquistadors' at bay. Then it starts eating them all. Hot-dogs for entrails, horrible accents, and terrible costumes/sets. PRIME riffing material!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)

I'm surprised this was never riffed nor suggested. This is not only a GREAT movie, but also has absolutely cheesy production values. (Gort's foam panty-line gets me every time).
    Please NEVER do a riff for the remake of this movie! It's just horrible, but not funny..haha
    You could even use this pic, and super-impose your faces in there ;)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh

Julius Irving is the cornerstone of an all-Pisces NBA team put together by astrologer Stockard Channing. Great 70s vibe, terrible movie, although I loved it as a kid.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alienator (1989)

A low budget sci-fi flick from prolific (and terrible) filmmaker Fred Olen Ray starring Jan Michael Vincent and John Phillip Law (Commander Kalgan from Space Mutiny). Check out the trailer, there's even a few railing kills!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA7EG0Rtra4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienator

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deadly Birthday Party

This may get overlooked, but I'm just going to use one phrase to describe this movie: Deadly Birthday Party is The Room of "horror" movies.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Firing Line

Bad action movie, Public domain, Reb Brown & Shannon Tweed. Seems like a good choice for Mike, Kevin & Bill.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dark City

3 Reasons:
    1. Skinny, weird, pale guys walking around dressed all in black who aren't emo kids from the suburbs.
    2. Super hot young Jennifer Connely.
    3. A mystery with a white guy who wakes up in a bathtub with no idea how he got there, who isn't Nick Nolte.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. The Single Girls

From its Bobby Hart co-penned opening song "where you going Ms. America?" to its didn't see this coming from a mile away "surprise" ending, The Single Girls is sure to please any fan of 70's exploitation. For Claudia Jennings and Cheri Howell its a preunion of Sisters of Death in this mash-up of women's lib with and then there were none. Searing social commentary is interlaced with eye candy and "love scenes" as only the 70's could deliver. Will our heroine find true love or be bumped off by the mystery killer? I bet you'll never guess how this turns…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skatetown USA

Flip Wilson reprises his Geraldine character while co-starring with Ruth Buzzi, Billy Barty, Scott Baio, Maureen McCormick (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!), Ron Palillo (Horshack), Judy Landers, The Unkown comic of The Gong Show fame along with Melissa Sue Anderson... and introducing... Patrick Swayze! With this kind of a cast, how can you go wrong? Watch this movie and find out! A Roller Disco nightmare that makes Roller Boogie pale in comparison. If the Rifftrax crew can ever get hold of this one, it'll be an instant classic.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Switchblade Sisters

Mothers, lock up your sons! 70's gang violence gets a Quentin Tarantino meets an After School Special treatment as an all girl gang known as the Jezebels embarks on a series of adventures that makes the plot of The Warriors seem almost plausible by comparison. In the words of the lead character uttering the only memorable catchphrase of the film, "It's gonna turn out Baaaaad!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPwurHmMdw

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Nintendo 64 promo VHS cassettes

These were promotional VHS tapes released by Nintendo for some of their games on the Nintendo 64 console. They are super cheesy, sometimes painful to watch. They're also a bit short, so I thought they might be fun to riff for use during one of your Rifftrax Live events.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Under the Skin

The first 5 minutes and 34 seconds i questioned if i downloaded a copy of this without sound, checked my volume a couple times, then stuck it out and finally saw movement. THERES NO LINES IN THIS MOVIE!! You can basically MAKE your own movie guys, your own plot, your own "swistusion" - brian griffin. Cool movie, but i think RiffTrax can make it a classic.

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Space Raiders

Reason 1: It stars David Mendenhall. You know, the kid from Over The Top.

Reason 2: It's a Roger Corman film.

Reason 3: It's the original Space Mutiny for reusing effects shots from one story, and use it on a completely different one.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DC Cab

Please do a rifftrax on the WORST film ever made : DC Cab; starring Bill Maher, Whitman Mayo, The Barbarian Brothers, Gary Busey, Max Gail, Adam Baldwin, and Mr. T. It is a story of a young man who comes to DC to become a Cab Driver and CHAOS ensues...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Curious Alice lookit up on YouTube

Hey film crew, uh I mean, mike. Look up curious Alice on YouTube for a short to riff. It's from 1971 as a public health warning on drug use. High-larrry-us. Get Bridget and Mary jo to do it. Awesum

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base