Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

7499 results found

1. Origami: The Folding Papers of Japan

While going through my collection of old U-matic videotapes I got from a school, I found a copy of this short film from the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

1) Watching it myself, I think it's great for riffing. I love the shorts on the site and feel it'd fit right in with the rest.
    2) It's an entire short dedicated to folding paper
    3) a japanese kid in a tiny suit

Here's my copy of it, there's probably a better copy out there somewhere on 16mm film: https://youtu.be/FnYwpbhY8r4

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. British Public Information shorts

Check out the BFI's collection of public information shorts, viewable free at: http://player.bfi.org.uk/collections/public-information-films/

I'd recommend 'Lonely Water', 'How to use the Telephone' and anything made by and starring Richard Massingham.

Oh yes, and 'Apaches', because kids having farming accidents are so riffable.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recommended riff

The Stuff (1985)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pride & Prejudice & Zombies

I believe Pride & Prejudice & Zombies could be even better then Twilight.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. last holiday

Queen Latifa has a terminal disease and charms the pants off of some snobs. Need i say more.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ten Little Indians (1989)

The classic Agatha Christie film, but ineptly and cheaply done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMfCkcni88

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Grey

A friend of mine asked if you guys had done this movie after hearing me talk about it. I laughed at this movie from the beginning to the end.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Nothing But Trouble

I'll try to explain it, I'm not so good at that and I'm sure most people know it already. But here goes....

A group of snobs get caught by the local law, which happen to be a group of freaks that have a rather twisted idea of justice.

Two of the arrested then try to make their way out of the dilapidated mansion via a sewage pond while the other two (Chevy chase, Demi Moore) witness the judge (Dan Aykroyd) take himself apart only to end up later having wieners for dinner with everyone and planning Chase's characters wedding to…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rollercoaster

George Segal, Helen Hunt, Timothy Bottoms. A terrorist blows up amusement parks and demands ONE MILLION DOLLARS. A ride inspector must track him down

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Crust

Made as a Tax Dodge and never released, Crust tells the story of a 7 foot tall Boxing Prawn (Shrimp).
    Only 17 minutes of it was released on www.fortmarkfilms.com/category/films-tv/ but they are a very good 17 minutes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Jane and the Lost City

One of our favorite Rifftrax is "The Prisoners of the Lost Universe". Written and directed by one Terry Marcel. The same person that brought us Hawk the Slayer (a bit of useless trivia the actors that play Malachi and The Greenman star in both). So on Friday I stumbled on another film written and directed by our old pal: Jane and the Lost City.

This movie is available to be streamed on YouTube in its entirety. And oh my is this a stinker. The main character, Jane, loses her clothes (but not her undergarments) about every 5 minutes for no…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Wolverine

The stand alone superhero film of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. The first film Jackman is actually thinks he has the body fitting of Wolverine. Also something about going to Japan...to watch an old friend die and date his dead friend's granddaughter.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lost Horizon (1973)

Vastly inferior remake of the 1937 classic, and widely considered to be one of the worst movie musicals ever made. Shangri-la is portrayed less like a utopia and more like a New Age cult with a dash of Mighty Whitey, the actors are obviously phoning in their roles even during the riot in the opening scene, and the musical numbers are dreadfully dull.

For a more in-depth look at the film's awfulness, here's the Musical Hell review:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmKyob-o6k

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Reconnoiter (Robot World)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4083740/

1. British family made independent film that, SOMEHOW won awards...
    2. It would be made better by your guys' dialog due to the lack of a script for the most part.
    3. This movie is awful and it should fell awful.
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Day of the Panther

This is the first of a pair of Australian action movies featuring the lovable Jason Blade(Edward John Stazak) - Kung-fu Police-Cop extraordinaire! Watch him as he meanders through this Lethal Weapon rip-off, as he tries to infiltrate a triad drug ring - and engages in some low budget and low excitement battles.

In Australia.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pet Sematary

Fred Gwynn, scary as crap Zelda, cute dead kids, terrible actor kids, suicide and Grumpy Cat! What more could ya want? Oh and the Ramones! lol

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Frogs (1972)

1.) The movie is just asking for it.
    2.)It doesn't seem right to watch it without your guys' voices making comments.

3.) I just need this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068615/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

440 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A Knight's Tale

Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany, awful dialogue, and crowds singing along to Queen? HOW IS THIS NOT A THING YET?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. High School Hellcats (1958)

Thursday nights on TMC has become a late '50's/early '60's B-movie bonanza. This Thursday they showed your riff, "Attack of the Puppet People" followed up by my request. I think when you guys take a look at this gem, you will deem it riff-worthy quality bad film :-). When I saw the opening scene, I could imagine you three guys with your typical snarky commentary making it worth watching.

The three reasons to riff it:

1. It was released by American International… Need I say more?

2. Bret Halsey, is the great-nephew of Adm. "Bull" Halsey

3. Producer Charles "Buddy" Rogers was the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Star Trek The Original Series

It's the 50th anniversary of the debut of astar Trek so why not do one or two episodes from the original series.
    Shatner's acting alone should give you guys more than enough material to work with.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base