RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

1. CAPE CANAVERAL MONSTERS

What's that? Aliens are interfering with the US Rocket Program? Yes they are and these aliens are the creation of Ed Wood, Jr.! Need I say more?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Orca: the killer whale (1977).

It’s about a whale that takes revenge on people. It was shot in Newfoundland, has Richard Harris, and is also Bo Derek’s first movie. It’s Birdemic level bad.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Christmas Carol (Shower of Stars, 1954)/The Stingiest Man In Town (Alcoa Hour, 1956)/The Stingiest Man In Town (Rankin-Bass, 1978)

You've riffed that 1959 Coronet Films Christmas Carol Short that starred Basil Rathbone and was introduced/narrated by Fredric March. This is quite interesting, because both March and Rathbone were involved in other versions of A Christmas Carol, the second of which was remade for animation. All three of them have their merits, but have just enough retro-cheesiness to make for good riffs.

In 1954, the anthology program Shower of Stars (sponsored by Chrysler) presented an hour-long musical version of A Christmas Carol starring Fredric March as Scrooge and Basil Rathbone as Marley. Being who they were, the lead actors turned…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linda's Film on Menstruation (1974)

I could almost hear your voices over the laughter when we discovered this little gem staring a very young Jonathan Banks.Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTEOpEGvcKA

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Short  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Mandalorian

Yes, it's awesome in so many ways but it's SO riffable too. So many opportunities for callbacks to past Star Wars riffs. Life Day! The Three Stooges Droids! And who wouldn't want to write snarky dialogue for Baby Yoda?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Meg

A shark movie that's like someone took Jaws, Jurassic Park, Godzilla (1998), and Die Hard, threw them into a blender and let the results sit in the sun for a week.

710 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Legend

I don't think I have ever seen a film with more inexplicable things happening. And I don't just mean confusing (although there are plenty of those), but nearly everything in this entire film happens without reason or purpose. I liken it to The Fellowship of the Ring but instead of having the council meet in Rivendell, the journey just begins! And the only time you know anything is when Gandalf says "Well, we're here!"

in conclusion, please riff Legend. Not for Tim Curry's performance. But for literally everything else.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone) all 12 remaining with B&MJ

ALL Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films, riffed by Bridgette and Mary Jo. They have done such a great job, and there are, by my count, 12 left. This would be a great series for playing in the background, the movies are cheesy, but quite decent for the 1930s, and B&M are so perfect for them. It may exhaust the riffers, but I would be so grateful. Finally, the 2 riffs done so far are magnificent! Plus: I make mean New Mexico Enchiladas; will cook for riffs.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Supertrain

From Wikipedia:

Supertrain is an American adventure-drama television series that ran on NBC from February 7 to May 5, 1979. Nine episodes were made, including a 2-hour pilot episode.

The series took place on the Supertrain, a nuclear-powered bullet train that was equipped with amenities more appropriate to a cruise ship. It had luxuries such as swimming pools, shopping centers, a gym, library, medical center, and a discotheque.[1] It was so big it had to run on very broad gauge track. Though it had a rated top speed of 250 mph (402.34 km/h), and cruised at 190 mph (305.78 km/h),…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Land of Faraway

A 1987 Swedish fantasy film for children, fraught with uncomfortable Freudian plot elements, child endangerment, laughable special effects, and a little-known child actor called Christian Bale as Jum Jum. Also features the legendary Christopher Lee, Timothy Bottoms, and a scene where a giant flying head rescues a child from his hellish existence by flying him into space, nestled in the tangles of his newspaper beard while a mewling Europop song tries its best to be "The Neverending Story."

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Rifftrax Live Spooky Scary Halloween Extravaganza

The time is waaay overdue for a spooky scary funny "Rifftrax Live Halloween Extravaganza." This would be a mixed bag of Halloween themed shorts, cartoons, weird short films, vintage spook show trailers, and maybe some really terrible monster/science fiction trailers, all done in the format of an olden days type 'spook show.' These spook shows used to include the audience as part of the fun. Monsters running down the aisles, cheesy fake ghosts floating over the audience, etc. With time permitting you could even include a short really horrible old creaky horror movie that is down on it's little knees…

952 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Arnolds Park (2007) AKA Carousel of Revenge

Dawson's Creek meets revenge thriller/murder mystery set in an amusement park with plenty of beach scenes. Bullies. Rich vs working class conflict. Flashbacks with demented cackling.

Dumb concept, writing and dialogue. Poorly developed characters. Bad acting. Bad directing. Inanely dramatic. Chock full of cliches.

Watch the trailer and see if you don't agree that this was made to be riffed.

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/YCnpp7KO0Fk

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Walking Tall (1973)

The Citizen Kane of Joe Don Baker movies

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rifftrax Live Christmas 2019 - Fun in Balloon Land & Whizzo

Live audience interaction is needed for the last part of Fun in Balloon land, so why not double down on the madness and also do Whizzo?

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disorderlies

Please riff this. The title speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw8rlRnm7fA

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Christmas Carol (1949, narrated by Vincent Price)

You know you're in trouble when they don't even get the title right. (It's A Christmas Carol, not THE Christmas Carol. ...Actually, according to Dickens it's A Christmas Carol In Prose, Being A Ghost Story Of Christmas, but who calls it that?)

And you're in even MORE trouble when they misspell the main character's NAME in the opening credits. (Who is this "Ebeneezer"?)

This was an early television production--and I mean EARLY, as it wasn't even the fifties yet. It's a half-hour short that was meant for syndication on 22 stations across the country on Christmas Day of 1949. Vincent…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xanadu

This ... this movie. Gene Kelly and Olivia Newton John somehow maintain their dignity during this glorious dumpster fire. The plotline is roughly "What if we signed ELO and shoveled a ton of money into a movie that was put in front of the cameras with no script? Let's have four or five different styles of dancers that have no idea what the others are doing, and film them all together with no thought to blocking. And tie it all together with a ham-faced cipher that we're going to make the romantic lead!"

See the film that asks the question,…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 13 Ghosts (1960 version)

Greetings! I have been a fan of yours since MST3K was on SciFi. Last time I made a suggestion it was for Miami Connection. Imagine my delight when you riffed it later that year!😁

Anyway, I think 13 Ghosts would be perfect for riffing. Of course I don't mean the remake with Tony Shaloub--which I didn't even realize WAS a remake! I caught it on Turner Classic Movies once during Halloween. It is just cheesy enough to be riffable, but not so awful that you can't bear to watch it. I loved it, and was actually interested in how it…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dracula 3D or Argento's Dracula (2012)

Terrible schlocky horror brought to you by the legendary horror boss, Dario Argento.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1852770/reference
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJZdRieIkg

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

RiffTrax Movie Requests