RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

1. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Hey Rifftrax gang, Im suggesting Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home as a riff for 3 reasons,and they are as follows:

1. You get Spock in a very fashionable spa robe complete with headband for a majority of the film.

2. Spock disables an 80's punk using public transit with a Vulcan nerve pinch

3. At one point, the gang break into a hospital doing their best E.R. show audition years before it actually aired.

With that, I hope you consider this idea and riff on guys!

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Madhouse (1981)

Julia, a teacher in a school for the deaf, has a hideously deformed and deranged twin sister that resides in the local looney bin. She escapes to gate-crash a surprise birthday party for Julia. I just watched this and its begging for a riff!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SchoolHouse Rock Educational Shorts

Schoolhouse Rock was a big part of my public school education. Basically every time it rained during recess, or a teacher just didn't want to deal with us, we'd be treated to an hour or so these educational animated shorts. These shorts felt outdated at the time and they definitely haven't aged gracefully. I'd love to watch you guys rip history, and my childhood education, a new one by taking on Schoolhouse Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Short  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. *****'s Triangle (1975)

A US coast guard finds only a woman still alive aboard a shipwreck. She tells her rescuer what happened and soon, they find themselves trapped in a mysterious part of the ocean known as *****'s Triangle.

The entire movie seems like random guy explaining his big ah-ha I solved the murder and here's how it was done! exposition to the only survivor, but then there's actually a reason this was called *****'s Triangle and not Bermuda or Devil. It's not a great payoff, but in terms of Bermuda Triangle movies it's a half-way decent one?

(also, Mary 2019! I already…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wavelength (1983)

This sci fi movie with telepathic child-like aliens (sans clothes) starring Robert Carradine and Cherie Currie entranced me and my brother as kids during its many replays on HBO. I recently rediscovered it and think it would be perfect Rifftrax fodder because:

1: Co-stars Keenan Wynn as an actual grizzled prospector

2: Intersperses extended dialog-free scenes, sometimes in poorly lit places, with dull military discussions in an underground base/lab that looks suspiciously like an industrial plant

3: Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream

4 (bonus): Fun boom mike appearances

Available at: https://youtu.be/KP8jrXY00-Y

More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavelength(1983film) & https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086571/

Also, there is…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mary Jo and Bridger

No idea! WE want to say thank you for helping us laugh and get through these sad times. One of my wishes for next year is that I someday get to see you guys/girls live! A teeny note...we ADORE Mary Jo and Bridget, but when they do the talking and nothing is seen on the screen...it loses us. We would love to see them talking...or anything but a static slide. I know, everybody's a critic. But sometimes it's good to speak up. Please get rid of the slide. Even a slide show of Bridget and Mary Jo's childhoods would be…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Last Dinosaur

Richard "Have Gun Will Travel" Boone hops into his drill car, drills under the Arctic, finds a lost valley of dinosaurs, and commences to shootin' because he's a MAN and MEN have to HUNT. A 1977 co-production by the people who brought us "Ultraman" and also the people who brought us "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", this wild TV movie is jam packed with rubber suit monsters and sweaty sexism (Richard Boone's character is named "Maston Thrust") as everybody involved looks off-camera for that bottle of whiskey they stashed under a fake boulder, or a phone so they can…

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A Christmas Tail

A boy gets turned into a dog after mispronouncing a wish to a shooting star following some questionable advice from a hobo named "the professor." That line is "Wishing star, I want...ah! A bee!...a dog for christmas," and the writing doesn't get much better from there! The plot follows the boy turned dog's hijinks, and we meet characters like the old women who thinks the dog's her relative reincarnated, the neighbors who drive 100 miles to find a christmas tree and take the dog along, and a fight between a nobel mountain lion and a bear... with reaction shots of…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Puss in Boots (1961) K. Gordon Murray children's matinee nightmare classic

Perhaps you've heard of a fellow by the name of K. Gordon Murray who brought you a little cinematic gem called Santa Claus (and also 'Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy' and the three shorts that make up 'Santa's Village of Madness')?
    Well, Puss in Boots is another batsh*t insane childrens' movie he imported from Mexico, recut and redubbed by Murray with random musical numbers filmed at Pirate's World or wherever the Santa's Village stuff was shot tacked on to pad the runtime. This is easily the craziest thing he's imported next to Santa Claus vs. The Devil. Just take a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cartoon All Stars To the Rescue

It aired April 21 st 1990. I remember all the kids excited about the greatest crossover in history. Muppet Babies and Winnie the Pooh, Garfield and Alf, Michaelangelo of the Mutant Turtles and Bugs Bunny, Huey Duey and Luey and Alvin, Simon and Theodore. For a thirty minute anti drug special that ended up being heavy handed and sobering instead of being fun. Funded by McDonald's, George Bush and even Joe Biden promoted the special. It definitely needs the crew of Rifftrax to give it the treatment to gently remind us of what happens when conglomerates and politicians force beloved…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Short  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Elf Bowling: The Movie

This is one of the most insane kids movies of all time. The animation looks like chewed up play-doh, the characters are all idiots, the story makes no sense whatsoever, the comedy is interestingly bad, and the plot points are idiotic. This film is an absolute gold mine.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Old Country Buffet Training Video

This job training video describes how meat carvers can make conversation with guests at Old Country Buffet.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Spirit of Christmas (1953, short from Bell Telephone)

This half-hour short was produced by Bell Telephone for the Philadelphia area (near me, as it turns out--our local PBS affiliate WHYY usually runs it even today). Except for a bit of live-action, it is performed mostly by marionettes.

The first half of this half-hour short (after an intro by some Bell executives, and a short prologue showing Clement Clarke Moore getting the inspiration for his new poem) is a dramatization of "A Visit From St. Nicholas", or, as we know it, "Twas The Night Before Christmas." This does have its charming moments--the miniature sets are quite lovely and detailed--but…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Flight Of Them Navigator

A poor attempt at a poor attempt! This script was just made for riffing! The child lead, the obnoxious alien spacecraft, and evil NASA scientists? All set in 1980's south Florida? This is the penultimate rigging feature!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Four Sided Triangle

Fodder for some sort of Bridget Nelson / Mary Jo Pehl / Matthew J. Elliott / Ian Potter combo. Will it be four or a triangle? Sci-fi AND soap opera. Fertile soil, indeed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmbgBlhaxV8

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Boo! (1980 variety special)

This hour-long Canadian variety show is very nearly the Halloween equivalent of The Star Wars Holiday Special. At least it has its share of cheesy, dated charm, and unlike the SWHS, it doesn't pretend to be anything more than a variety show (no flimsy plot to link the songs and sketches together). It was filmed for Canadian TV in 1980 (when some remnants of the 1970s were still hanging on--hence, the disco-ish theme song and overall 70s-ness of it all). But it was shown on American TV a few times in the early 80s--the link I've provided was from a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Christmas Break in

A home alone rip off. This movie stars a little girl who is always being forgotten by her parents because her parents are busy with business stuff. The girl gets left at school and some robbers break in while she’s there. The robbers goal is pretty unclear and there’s a janitor played by Danny Glover. The dialogue is cheesy and the acting is flat. This movie would be the perfect Christmas riff.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Band of the Hand

Imagine, if you will, John Wayne's The Cowboys, only in the 80's inner city, and instead of The Duke, a possibly-psychotic Vietnam vet played by a committed Stephen Lang. It's got this bizarre uber-macho Boy Scout logic where he teaches young punks to improve their lives through community outreach and automatic weapons. It feels like the most violent after-school special ever.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Six Million Dollar Man vs Bigfoot

Andre the Giant as a Bigfoot that’s really a robot that was made by aliens that live inside a mountain. Need I say more

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Frankenstein Conquers The World

Toho's crazy take on the Frankenstein legend - the monster's heart is shipped from Germany to Japan during WWII. The heart grows into a giant teenage boy who runs amok and encounters the adorable monster Baragon, who has also run amok. Damage caused by the monster is being attributed to the boy, and perhaps vice versa. Ultimately they are embroiled in a fight to the death. With American Nick Adams, and many Japanese/Toho stalwarts. Crazy, man.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base