RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

1. Mame

From Wikipedia:
    Mame is a 1974 Technicolor musical film in Panavision based on the 1966 Broadway musical of the same name (itself based on the 1958 film Auntie Mame) and the 1955 novel Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis.

It was directed by Gene Saks, and adapted by Paul Zindel, and starred Lucille Ball in her final theatrical film performance. The cast also stars Beatrice Arthur, Bruce Davison, and Robert Preston.

The story focuses on the madcap life of Mame Dennis (Ball), which is disrupted when she becomes the guardian of her deceased brother's son. She marries a wealthy Southern plantation…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Monster Club

1981 Vincent Price movie about a writer getting an invite to a club for monsters. Halloween favorite and it NEEDS riffing! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081178/

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maid to Order

from wikipedia:
    Jessie Montgomery (Ally Sheedy) is a spoiled rich girl in her mid-20s whose hard partying lifestyle and lack of self-respect as well as a lack of respect for others is starting to wear thin on her single father Charles (Tom Skerritt), a wealthy philanthropist, and on her boyfriend Brent (Jason Beghe), who breaks up with her after finally getting frustrated with her immature and self-destructive behavior. When Jessie is arrested for drunk driving and drug possession, she finally pushes Charles beyond his limits. He blames himself, as many years ago his wife died of cancer at a time…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Valentine Magic on Love Island

NBC’s version of Fantasy Island. Why it should be riffed:
    1. Janis Page is this version’s Mr. Rourke.
    2. Adrienne Barbeau post Maude.
    3. Dody Goodman and Lisa Hartman play mother and daughter. I mean, this is everything.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Toys 1992

Toys (1992)

What can I say about this movie? There is so much bizarre stuff going on and yet it still manages to drag on and be boring in many spots. I have no idea how. From the robot sister to that military guy that can hide himself anywhere with camouflage (even a flower printed couch!) and orchestrating an entire music video just to distract some guards there is no end to the strange things this movie has.

It also has Robin Williams in it.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

The theatrically released pilot for the two season NBC series, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. It's classically cheesy, from the time when everyone wanted to copy Star Wars' success.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Zombie High

This movie is absolutely begging to be Riffed. It was apparently meant to be set in a college setting, but was changed to a high school Because Reasons. This results in the least convincing teenagers ever, as everyone that's a student is clearly in their twenties despite the film trying to pretend like they're in their teens.

The film also features a "love triangle". Why is this in parentheses? Because the film can't quite decide whether they want the professor character (yes, the love triange involves two 18-year olds and a thirty-something year old teacher ala a male Mary Kay…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Venom (1981)

Quite apart from the fact that the set must have been absolute to be on - noted drunks Sterling Hayden AND Oliver Reed plus Klaus Kinski, a killer snake sliding up Ollie's trousers, Susan George as a maid for Kevin Murphy...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. High Strung

This movie is currently available on Hulu. I know the sister of one of the producers, who gave updates throughout filming and praised it to high heaven. I finally watched it today after the “How Did This Get Made?” podcast covered it. Oh my goodness is it ripe for riffing. A ballerina who is afraid of modern dance and not one, but TWO violin-playing bad boys are in a love triangle set among a NYC arts college or something. The actors are amateurs. The writing is amateurish. One of the producers is the daughter of Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane from…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ebenezer

Ebenezer is a retelling of A Christmas Carol, set in the old west and starring Jack Palance and Ricky Schroeder.

I did not just make that up.

https://www.amazon.com/Ebenezer-Jack-Palance/dp/B0000649JW/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Fanatic

It looks sufficiently bad. That **** toupee,,,

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Cave (2005)

I saw that someone previously mentioned this movie in their suggestion for "The Cavern." But this person insinuated that "The Cave" was successful in some capacity. I don't know where they got their information, but it was only successful in the sense that someone actually managed to con some Hollywood execs into giving them money to make this ****** version of The Descent. One reviewer actually said, "The insipid dialog lacks even a hint of comic relief, so the audience is grateful when the action quickly kicks into gear."

Here is a link to a visual synopsis of the film…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Untraceable (2008)

This movie NEEDS to be riffed ...the "tech" is garbage (Im web and Dad is OG network) ...and we are both laughing about the 'tech" in this movie

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Avengers Infinity War

You've done a few Marvel Cinematic Universe titles in the past, but none in a long time. Given that this is the culmination of the series and a hugely successful movie to boot, I think it's a great choice for a "Just The Jokes" MP3 riff.

884 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The Great Skycopter Rescue

Really hokey movie about 2 buddies: a disenchanted DJ (played by Terry Michos from "The Warriors") and a skycopter hobbyist who try to take back their town from a greedy oil capitalist and his gang of motorcycle hooligans.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Instructor

This movie was made in my hometown, Akron, Oh in 1980. I have fond memories of the premier held at Akron Civic Theater, one of those old movie houses with an orchestra pit. It was cheesy then and doesn’t hold up well, but I love it. The production is on par with Touch of ***** and Kill or Be Killed. It’s ripe for your treatment. Please watch it, riff it and let me know. Here’s the YouTube link https://youtu.be/oCpIo2D0EA8. A karate flick extravaganza. Thank you I know you you get 1000’s if suggestions but please give this a 10…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wolfen (1980)

What can I say that the title doesn't already suggest. How about "totally nude man drinks from a puddle in the middle of the Bronx"? Part freshman film student year-end project part unintelligible, if I didn't know better I'd think the film was created exclusively to be riffed.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Big Trouble in Little China

Can't belive this hasn't been done yet. Perfect movie for Rifftrax. Would buy in a heart bet.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 30000 Leagues Under the Sea (2007)

Lorenzo Lamas in a science fiction retelling with a production value slightly above Birdemic. The only thing more awkward than the acting is the scoring. It's ripe for riffing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. how to beat home video games

in 1982, vestron video did a series of walkthroughs of games on atari 2600, atari 5200, intellivision, colecovision and vectrex called how to beat home video games. it's only 3 volumes and also 1 hour long each. the only reason why you should find it riffable is because nobody cares about these systems anymore.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/49167/late-movies-how-beat-home-video-games-1982
    https://archive.org/details/HowToBeatHomeVideoGames-Vol.1TheBestGamesVestron1982
    https://archive.org/details/HowToBeatHomeVideoGames-Vol.2TheHotNewGamesVestron1982
    https://archive.org/details/HowToBeatHomeVideoGames-Vol.3ArcadeQualityforTheHomeVestron_1982

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base