"RiffTrax, please riff '_________________'"

Megaforce (1982)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084316/

Megaforce (or MegaForce), is an action film made in 1982 directed by former stuntman Hal Needham. The film starred Barry Bostwick, Persis Khambatta, Michael Beck, Edward Mulhare, Evan C. Kim, Ralph Wilcox, and Henry Silva.

Everyone is wearing spandex jumpsuits, have wild hair, ride motorcycles and cars that look like they were rejected by Battlestar Galactica. The acting is way over the top, and the heros look like they just finished filming the "Let's Get Physical" video for Olivia Newton John.

It starts Barry Bostwick and Persis Khambatta. This is enough right there to push it to the top of the list. But adding Henry Silva as the heavy? Pure Riffing Gold.

619 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dave Gold shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Umm...where the hell did Megaforce go?!?! I was all hot to buy it after getting my DVD copy signed by Barry Bostwick at a con just recently and now it isn't here! (Or at least every possible search method I can think of can't find it.) I call shenanigans!

• Fangarius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One reason RiffTrax should definitely riff this film is because Leonard Maltin, who was the movie critic for Entertainment Tonight, did not even give Megaforce a rating at all because it was so bad, in his opinion, and was the only movie he has ever admitted giving it a "0" since this film was all over the place.

• Jason White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A deserving selection for sure. I loved Megaforce as a child, I wanted to be in the Megaforce. Now it seems the only way I could watch the movie in its entirety again will be with mike, bill and Kevin riffing the holy hell out of it!

• Teresa D. Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Addendum: I've been hearing Dave Gold say riff Megaforce for a decade now. Dave Gold is most MSTies. DOOOO EEEET already!

• Teresa D. Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does Megaforce compare to The Apple and why do people keep requesting it? I've been hearing MSTies say riff Megaforce for years.

• sirhamhat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would LOVE to see them riff this, but this has already been suggested. Should combine the two to maximize the votes!

• Torlygid Racihmopt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The climax of the movie with the (spoiler) flying motorcycle has the worst special effects and acting since Birdemic (even though it came 25 years earlier). It really has to be seen.

Terrible costumes, terrible story, terrible acting, terrible music, and horrible, horrible special effects. My friend and I thought that the cartoon pig hologram that danced on the table was the best part of the movie. Even though we were 10 years old at the time, I think we were right.

• Gorgonbunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#66 on pastemagazone.com's 100 best worst movies.
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2014/05/the-100-best-b-movies-of-all-time.html?a=1
    "An absolutely ludicrous sci-fi drive-and-shoot, Megaforce is filled with rocket-firing motorcycles and dune buggies, and a hero named “Ace Hunter” played by Barry Bostwick. "
    Let's hear it for 80's hair, spandex, and one of the worst blue scree effects of all time!

Feedback and Knowledge Base