Remember how much fun we had with "House on Haunted Hill?" (Wait, so was it the hill that was haunted, or the house?)
Anywho, many of you may not have realized that writer, Robb White, director, William Castle, and Hollywood icon, Vincent Price, came together to make another film, the horror/sci-fi classic, "The Tingler."
Here's why it's a good idea and a lot of fun:
1) Like "House on Haunted Hill," "The Tinger" is public domain. That should be a lot easier on the RiffTrax crew.
2) The film is listed among the 100 most amusingly bad movies ever made by Golden Raspberry Award founder, John Wilson.
3) This is the earliest film in history to depict an acid trip.
4) There's a freaking bug on strings running around trying to murder people.
5) I don't want to give too much away, but the film features William Castle's "Percepto." This could be a lot of fun in a live show.
You know what to do. Let's riff "The Tingler!"
It's a fun fim to watch on it's own. William Castle was a crowd pleaser. And you need more Vincent Price in your Oeuvre
Dan Asnis commented
The Mads Trace and Frank show this as one the films they riff live at Movie Theaters across the country .
The Tingler is not Public Domain. Yet, a riff would be fun.
Vincent Price never made anything good. Watch the channel EPIX Drive In or properly should be called the Roger Corman channel. I saw House on Haunted Hill riffed and unriffed. The newer version explains the plot better.
Bob is right. It is a LOT of fun. Here's a small taste. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWVeuVyShnE
Vote now to make this a reality!
Bob Torgo commented
The Tingler was a favorite film when I was a kid and they ran it on UHF TV all the time. It would make a great Rifftrax Live show, it's great cheesy fun.