Darkman (1990) Liam Neeson
I actually feel bad cause I used to love this movie as a kid.
okay!!!:
1- Liam Neeson is some kinda skin doctor or geneticist, who has a 3D printer in 1990 for some reason.
2-Hes an anti hero with a horrible disfigured and burnt face
3-And the movie was directed by Sam Raimi so hold on to your barf bags cause this one's a "spinner".
-
Jayne Carlson
commented
Raimi is the big reason this would work, the movie keeps switching from tragic revenge story to carnival nightmare with almost no warning. Also the whole synthetic-skin 99 minute limit is exactly the sort of fake medical rule that sounds almost plausible if you dont stop and check it. I was reading https://medproofs.com/conditions/ about how condition claims get separated from actual evidence, and Darkman popped into my head again. Neeson plays it so straight while everything around him gets more unhinged, which gives the riffs alot of room without the movie ever going flat. Honestly the helicopter bit alone would do it, but the lab scenes might be even better??
-
LoveMeetsTheMatch2022
commented
The Carnival scene will forever be ingrained in my mind.
-
rlhop2012
commented
I'd consider this a definite comic book film that simply didn't have a comic book to be based on before they wrote the script. It's Sam Raimi at a frenetic speed and power that are just jaw-dropping. Liam Neeson chews the scenery in the best possible definition of the phrase. And... I'm gonna go ahead and say it: *inhale* Better helicopter stunts than Blue Thunder... OR Nightmare at Noon. There. I said it. I'd say it again, if I had to.