The easiest and most convenient way to watch your Library of riffs is through our new Roku app! You can learn all about that here.
What can the Roku app do?
The Roku App allows you to subscribe to RiffTrax Friends for $5.99 per month, and thereby gain access to hundreds of streaming videos.
You can also use the Roku app to watch all of your Library's official RiffTrax Movies and Shorts. But a Friends subscription is not required to watch your Library of purchased riffs that you own on RiffTrax.com.
The Roku app also is playlist-aware, so things like RiffTrax Shorts Bundles will appear as their own playlist under the My Library tab.
Do I need to be a Friends subscriber to access my Library?
No! Right now the Home screen will only show Friends content, but you can access the My Library tab in the Roku app without the subscription - simply log into the app using your RiffTrax.com username and password.
Is streaming video the only option?
For Roku, streaming is the easiest and most convenient. But you can also download the mp4 files we provide (for purchased Digital Video titles), then put those on a portable USB drive and plug that into your USB-supported Roku device. You can also drop them into a media server, and access them from wherever your media server resides. Software such as Plex, PlayOn, or Apple iTunes can support this feature.
Owners of a Roku 3 and newer devices can watch their riffs through a USB drive as described here:
- Download your B-movie Riff's High TV format and stick it on a USB drive.
- Make sure you've installed the Roku Media Channel. It's available through the Channel store or the Roku website.
- Plug the USB drive into the front USB port of the Roku 3
- Launch the Media Channel and select Videos.
- Select the drive and folder where your Riff lives on the USB drive, and you're good to go!
Check out this Tom's Guide for additional information.