Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

7499 results found

1. The Instructor

This movie was made in my hometown, Akron, Oh in 1980. I have fond memories of the premier held at Akron Civic Theater, one of those old movie houses with an orchestra pit. It was cheesy then and doesn’t hold up well, but I love it. The production is on par with Touch of ***** and Kill or Be Killed. It’s ripe for your treatment. Please watch it, riff it and let me know. Here’s the YouTube link https://youtu.be/oCpIo2D0EA8. A karate flick extravaganza. Thank you I know you you get 1000’s if suggestions but please give this a 10…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. cellar dweller

More 80's cheese

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Santa Girl

This is one of the weirdest movies I have ever watched. Perfect for Riffing.

Here is my synopsis of the movie:

So Santa apparently does the whole giving away presents thing as a for-profit business. They are never clear about how they actually make money at this scheme (though it seems to have something to do with slavery).

Mrs Claus died a while ago, and it has made Santa a ruthless businessman. He has a daughter (the main character of the movie) who he is forcing into an arranged marriage to help grow his business empire. She understandably doesn't want…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Moon-Spinners

The Moon-Spinners is a 1964 American mystery film starring Hayley Mills, Eli Wallach and Peter McEnery in a story about a jewel thief hiding on the island of Crete. Produced by Walt Disney Productions, the film was based upon a 1962 suspense novel by Mary Stewart and was directed by James Neilson. The Moon-Spinners was Mills' fifth of six films for Disney, and featured the legendary silent film actress Pola Negri in her final screen performance.

Why it should be riffed:
    1. The scenery in Crete is quite lovely.
    2. A teenage Hayley Mills.
    3. Pola Negri’s last performance.
    4.…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Brightburn

This anti-Superman Movie about an alien kid found and brought up in Kansas, but without any values, develops his super powers and goes on a killing spree. The problem is: the movie never gives any reasons for his hatred and killing spree! It's like they left half the movie out!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Playmoible Movie

A Movie about a LEGO rip-off

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Audrey Rose

It's young.....ish Anthony Hopkins saying "Audrey Rose" A LOT in an exorcist ripoff!

Anthony's daughter dies in a car crash and is reincarnated as the daughter of an NYC couple. Follow him well stalking the family then convincing them that she's actually....sort of possessed.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bands on the Run (2011)

A movie that knockoffs a long dead 2009 kids accessory trendy fad. I suspect the creators (if still alive) would feel guilty if they took money for the rights to riff this one.

Keep in mind that there is an unaddressed corpse in a dumpster in this kids movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2361155/reference
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTITDiZP1Pk

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. surviving edged weapons

A documentary issued to police in the 80's on how to survive edged-based attacks, primarily blades -- with often comical and novel examples.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maid to Order

from wikipedia:
    Jessie Montgomery (Ally Sheedy) is a spoiled rich girl in her mid-20s whose hard partying lifestyle and lack of self-respect as well as a lack of respect for others is starting to wear thin on her single father Charles (Tom Skerritt), a wealthy philanthropist, and on her boyfriend Brent (Jason Beghe), who breaks up with her after finally getting frustrated with her immature and self-destructive behavior. When Jessie is arrested for drunk driving and drug possession, she finally pushes Charles beyond his limits. He blames himself, as many years ago his wife died of cancer at a time…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Blue City

Blue City
    From Wikipedia:
    Returning to the small Florida town where he grew up, Billy Turner learns that his father has been killed. With little help from the police, Billy will take matters into his own hands and go up against a ruthless local mob in a desperate search to find the killer.
    The film was considered a disappointment by critics upon release.[14][15]

Nelson's performance was particularly criticized, USA Today saying "Is Judd Nelson the smirkiest actor in current movies, or is he simply getting stereotyped playing overbearing creeps? Either way, you spend `Blue City's' 83 interminable minutes begging to…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sound of Horror

I think the sound of horror would make a great riff. It's a Spanish film about a group of people looking for treasure. I don't know about the Spanish original but the English version literally retains it halfway through from being aincent Roman treasure to Nazi treasure. They uncover petrified eggs in their search one of which rolls away and hatches out a reptilian monster that immediately turns invisible and goes on a killing spree. Plus I do believe it is public domain.

https://archive.org/details/Lbines-SoundOfHorror1964391-2

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Color Out of Space (2020)

Nicholas Cage is (reportedly) his usual bat **** crazy....
    And ... oh... Tommy Chong.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5073642/reference
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfYAXMwCpk0

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Twinkle Nora Rock Me! (1985)

This will never come to fruition but I can only dream. Deemed one of the worst anime ever created, it's wonky, ugly, confusing and convoluted.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9876344/reference
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZ_pe5GFLA

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blood Beat

Why you need to riff this movie:
    1. It has a samurai ghost, which is connected to the mom character for reasons unexplained, making the movie even more nonsensical.
    2. 1983 independent horror movie with actors so stilted and wooden, they make HaYden Christensen look like Orson Wells.
    3. SAMURAI GHOST.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sudden Impact

The worst movie out of the five Dirty Harry movies.

1) It is supposed to partially be a mystery . You know who the killer is about a 1/4 away through the movie.
    2) All the actors, including Eastwood, seem to have been filmed against their will. The acting is stiff with no natural flow.
    3)The movie is full of flubs. There are character errors. Crew and equipment are visible in shots.
    There are plot holes as well.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mary (2019)

There's a cohesive plot in here somewhere... I think? The Bermuda Triangle 2? An evil entity that may or may not be a drowned witch (and possibly a siren on the side) torments this family in ways that are baffling and makes little sense? Oh and a possessed kid ofc.

Mary (2019)

A family looking to start a charter-boat business buys a ship that holds terrifying secrets once out on isolated waters.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834854/plotsummary?item=po2817317

It wasn't that bad, but so much riff potential (plus, ya know, Emily Mortimer <3)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Arnolds Park (2007) AKA Carousel of Revenge

Dawson's Creek meets revenge thriller/murder mystery set in an amusement park with plenty of beach scenes. Bullies. Rich vs working class conflict. Flashbacks with demented cackling.

Dumb concept, writing and dialogue. Poorly developed characters. Bad acting. Bad directing. Inanely dramatic. Chock full of cliches.

Watch the trailer and see if you don't agree that this was made to be riffed.

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/YCnpp7KO0Fk

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Greenman (2011)

This is a great low budget horror film from Pittsburgh. It is so painful to watch it is almost a good time at the laughs for all the WTF moments. I love watching it just to make my life feel better than this movie. Please watch the film if you can find. it's so cringeworthy!!! Ending with endless electricall sounds and smoking a cigarette out of your cheek.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cyborg 2

Jack Palance Angelina Jolie and Elias Koteas so bad it's good ****** to JCVD film Cyborg perfection the jokes will write themselves should be available reasonably

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Short  ·  Admin →

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base