Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

409 results found

1. Why Study Home Economics? (1955)

Again from Young America, the companion piece to MST3K's "Why Study Industrial Arts?" Just as in that film, a high schooler consults with the home ec teacher, who seems to be convincing herself more than the audience of the need for her classes. You have to love the 50's sentiment of the high school girl who is convinced that she's going to be a "homemaker all her life," and that her first home may be (gasp) a TRAILER (!!!) And I love the unexplained southern accent that the girl's sister speaks with (and what is up with her…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  2. Old Country Buffet Training Video

This job training video describes how meat carvers can make conversation with guests at Old Country Buffet.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Play Safe

Before "Shake Hands with Danger" (1980) and even before "Last Clear Chance" (1959), there was "PLAY SAFE" (1936), from the same studio that brought you Betty Boop and Popeye.

"PLAY SAFE" is the charming public-domain animated tale of a boy and his dog . . . as they navigate a hellscape of anthropomorphic demon trains who just want to warn the young fellow that it's dangerous to fall unconscious on the train tracks! All of this cautionary whimsy is set to a musical score that sounds like Minnie the Moocher's drunk uncle, Vinny.

https://youtu.be/AUrOCEt3Olo
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028110/
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/378382803580223490/711052523976392714/unknown.png

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Song of the Clouds

1957 video promoting air travel. Produced by Shell Oil. You did an earlier short on, I think, flight attendants which was hilarious. Have a go at this one! Link is here: https://youtu.be/qlPae2b9FVU

By the way...I am from Nebraska and the guided cave tours in Omaha are terrific.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Boy Who Liked Deer

A mid 70s cautionary tale of bad crowds and vandalism. In the late 1980s, this was aired to all the 3rd graders in our class, and may well be one of the best cases of nightmare fuel for a young child to see.
    I don't know if this could be made funny, but I'd love to see what could be done with it

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fairey Rotodyne

British promotional film for a helicopter airliner. Music kinda reminds me of Progress Island USA.
    https://youtu.be/y9-pNVBuq6I

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Drawing With Gorbit

This is some weird European short where a guy who kinda resembles Albert Einstein goes on a search for his magical pencil so that he can draw such fascinating things such as a two-headed tiger, a fish with human legs, and a penguin with a human butt.
    Did I mention that he can fly and that he seeks help from a witch to help him find his pencil and as payment he will give her more children's souls to each (the witch tells him not to forget the dipping sauce...ESPECIALLY honey mustard dipping sauce)

The video is online at Youtube. …

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  8. A Day in the Life of a Kitchen

A promotional short for Frigidaire appliances from 1965 that reminds you that it's "the space age" by beating you over the head with that fact as often as they can. The average American family (father, son, daughter, and concrete-hairdo-ed mother) have breakfast at their "space age" kitchen dinette (that guarantees no one in the family need look at anyone else in the family). Later, the son has some friends over to do a dance called the "walk in space" (with the girls wearing glitter-covered space helmets assuring flashbacks to "Moon Zero Two"). And speaking of dancing, check out Mom's dance…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Not without my handbag

It’s a very creepy claymation short (little over 10 mins) about a lady who dies but comes back as a zombie to get her purse. It features the devil, the dead lady, and her very young niece who now lives alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIvQZm8K-yU

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tomes and Talismans

A serialized, Post-Apocalyptic library-venture brought to you by the Mississippi Public Broadcasting System! A group of kids learn about the Dewey Decimal System and Bookmobile from a librarian/freedom fighter, while trying to escape the invasion of Wipers from the Darkstar solar system. Has a very Overdrawn at the Memory bank feel.
    The first episode is on youtube here: https://youtu.be/6DzzPDnIKtQ

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tornado

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154726436454874&id=129524519873

Another classic educational film on how to survive a tornado

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Electrojuice

In 1991, someone decided it would be a good idea to make an "educational film" about the dangers of electricity using a Beetlejuice knockoff as the villain (and kind of the teacher as well). This so-bad-it's-good short is roughly a half-hour and is ripe for Rifftrax treatment.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better Use of Leisure Time (1950)

[video type="youtube"]BHgncP5vc[/video]

"Better Use of Leisure Time" is a short about how people today (1950's) have never had it so good. So if a teen has free time and they aren't doing some form of learning or labor then they're wasting their present and their future!

Parts of it feel prime for ripping while other parts feel like an unattainable punch to the gut. E.g., a house and a family on a single-income 40-hour a week job that allows the breadwinner time to cut out early for family and hobbies.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. hazards

Hidden Hazards in Your Home - Narrated by William Shatner - I have a VHS tape dying to be riffed. It is a household safety video narrated by none other than the Man himself. I cannot view it because we don't have a tape player anymore, but I am more than willing to mail it to you for your use! Please let me know if interested! :)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Paddle To The Sea

28 minute short I had to watch in elementary school.
    A boy carves a canoe out of wood and sends it on it's greatly improbable way to the ocean.
    Along the way, the canoe meets people and has adventures.
    The canoe does.
    Yes.
    Really

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  16. Janet and the Food Genie (1967)

Janet may as well be Henry Slinkman's daughter. Her mother has sent her to the grocery store but she doesn't know what food grades mean!

Fortunately, she can count on the help of an animated Food Genie. He takes her on a whirlwind tour of food processing plants and laboratories where she learns all about how food is graded. She must have been collecting the groceries during her factory visits because the film ends with her putting the groceries away.

The genie is barely animated, and those animations are recycled a lot. Location shots are intermingled with stock fotage. An…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Operation: Deep Freeze

Or, a history of my dating life.

Just kidding, it's a short from the '50s about Antarctica! Starring some overly adorable penguins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-1F5NSjsU

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Depending On Weather

Adverse weather conditions are a hazard for the unprepared driver. Motoring writer and race driver, David Mckay, gives his check-list for reliable motoring with safety during extreme weather. (NFSA Films)

1. thrill as what is meant to be a joyful drive gets a man muddy

2. marvel at adverse weather

3. enjoy the process of changing a tire

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let's make a sandwich

An intensely detailed view of the preparation of tuna rarebit. While not a sandwich all, it promises to be enjoyed by the truly parsley passionate...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmANi13WA0

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  20. Coffee Break (1958 )

A great short about managing the office Coffee Break....styles may have changed but the problem hasn't.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base