Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

409 results found

1. Snuffy's Fire Brigade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YK2hp8niN4

Come witness the horror of a Great Value Cars fire truck tells a cast half full of punky Brewster impersonators about how things in their own home can catch fire and kill them. Gilbert and Sullivan would queef in horror at the tone deafness these children can shriek in while trying to take on this cinematic and musical masterwork brought to you by Burger King. Riff assured that this movie is probably out of copyright since it was released in 1977, and no company of any reputation would want to lay claim to what is surely somebodies greatest regret.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  2. The Sentinal, West Face (1967)

Cheesy 1960s climbing short

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Rage On The Asphalt

I am currently taking Driver's Ed classes, and this is one of the required videos for one of the sections. I think it would be pretty funny if this one was riffed. It reminds me of a really crappy Twilight Zone episode about road rage.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Are Drugs the Answer?

an 18 minute short from around the 70s.
    A Teacher who was one of Timothy Leary's disciples (So this short claims) is talking to students (who have expressions ranging from dazed to zoned out on drugs or just plain empty on brains) about drugs.
    It's PERFECT riff-fodder for you!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MGM's Peace on Earth

This was the darkest cartoon I have ever seen. It was created in 1939 and trying to promote peace but literally showed the last two men on earth killing each other. Mind you, this was a story being told by a grandfather rodent to his little grandchildren as a bedtime story. He leaves at the end. I assume to go to "Cafe de Nuts" (which is literally in the new "Peaceville" village) to enjoy his evening. It was extraordinarily humorous without any riffing. I am 100% certain this would become an instant Rifftrax classic.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  6. Short film collection

I just wanted to let you know about Fran Blanche (https://www.youtube.com/c/FranBlanche). She produces high quality transfers of her reel-to-reel short film collection which you can see on her YouTube channel. If you're on the lookout for more shorts, she might be a good source for material.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Meat and Romance (1940)

What do you get when you combine "Three Magic Words", "With an All-Star Cast", "Cooking Terms and What They Mean", and "Carving Magic"? You get "Meat and Romance", the tender tale of yet another newlywed wife who never learned to cook (didn't any school offer home economics back then?). Fortunately for her, her sister- and father-in-law show up (unannounced), and sis is a "famous home economist" (which is pounded into our brains more times than humanly necessary), and she takes our heroine to the butcher shop for a long lecture on different cuts of meat, then back to the kitchen…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Boys Beware

I wonder when you will Riff Boys beware. I saw that you covered a fair amount of shorts so I wondered if you'd cover this infamous short. I wonder if the reason it didn't get covered is its controversial subject matter ( Equating homosexuality with pedophilia). Though I would wonder if you'd blast it for it's attitude. I would slam the thing for its bigoted, homophobic views.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Safe Side

A half hour, stranger danger safety documentary starring your friendly neighborhood superhero: Safe Side Super Chick. Watch as she fantasizes about a roller disco gorilla dressed as Greg Brady as Johnny Bravo coming to her door. Discover her unique superpowers like: changing the color of her outfit from green to yellow to red based on how dangerous a situation may or may not be (it's not a precise science sometimes it's just a mailman with a live otter in a crate), turn her face red and shoot steam out of her ears, or create sound effects with her mind. Can…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lil' Dan'l Boom

An unsold cartoon pilot from Sam Singer, who has been dubbed the "Ed Wood of animation". Lots of background pans with no animation, cycles, and overall bad pacing.

Watch at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O1UXvSRmj4

More info at https://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/lost-and-found-sam-singers-little-danl-boom-1959/

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Doctor Who: Dimensions in Time

This is bad. Really bad. It was supposed to be the 30th anniversary special but it’s almost as bad as the Star Wars Holiday Special. You won’t be able to actually release the video of it because my understanding is that all of the actors made it for free on the condition that it never be released commercially, but you could do a Just a Riff for people to listen to while watching it on YouTube.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drawing With Gorbit

This is some weird European short where a guy who kinda resembles Albert Einstein goes on a search for his magical pencil so that he can draw such fascinating things such as a two-headed tiger, a fish with human legs, and a penguin with a human butt.
    Did I mention that he can fly and that he seeks help from a witch to help him find his pencil and as payment he will give her more children's souls to each (the witch tells him not to forget the dipping sauce...ESPECIALLY honey mustard dipping sauce)

The video is online at Youtube. …

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Million Dollar Nickel (1952)

From MGM, a great short about how a nickel pays for a stamp so an immigrant can send letters back home. Features little cameos from Ricardo Montalban and Leslie Caron speaking in their native tongues.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dinosaurs: The Terrible Lizards

I suggest Dinosaurs: The Terrible Lizards. It's an educational stop motion animated short first filmed in the seventies and then revised in the eighties, so there's two versions to choose from.. It was produced by Wah Chang whose work has already been featured in Jack the Giant Killer and Dinosaurus! The animation ranges from decent to bad and even the revised edition contains information that was known to be incorrect decades before the seventies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ9RXDUYhzI

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Big Mouth Goes to the Dentist

https://youtu.be/r_suh13HeiI
    A 1979 short film by Cornet! This popped up earlier and I had to see if they have done it yet, and they have yet to! It is perfect for them!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Atomic Tests in Nevade - ST. George Utah

Fascinating yet government-sponsored short about early atomic testing in Nevada and its effects on the citizens of St. George, Utah.

Link to short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-53275o9IFA&t=497s

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A Day in the Life of a Kitchen

A promotional short for Frigidaire appliances from 1965 that reminds you that it's "the space age" by beating you over the head with that fact as often as they can. The average American family (father, son, daughter, and concrete-hairdo-ed mother) have breakfast at their "space age" kitchen dinette (that guarantees no one in the family need look at anyone else in the family). Later, the son has some friends over to do a dance called the "walk in space" (with the girls wearing glitter-covered space helmets assuring flashbacks to "Moon Zero Two"). And speaking of dancing, check out Mom's dance…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A Body to Die For: The Aaron Henry Story

A half hour episode from the 90's HBO 'Lifestories' series, enjoyed (and adored) by countless students in health class.

Sit back and relax as Ben Affleck takes you through the journey of star football player to roid-raging meat man.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190277/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Daylight Zone (1986)

Christian propaganda film filled with obvious anachronisms. Of course, painful dialogue ensues.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418624/reference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Valentines Massacre (2006)

When Detective Valentine finds out his daughter Heather has been kidnapped, he may have bit off more than he can chew when the investigation leads him into the clutches of a crazy Chef. Made in Wisconsin and played at 2 horror film festivals. Similar to lyncon Colony and fungicide but only 25 minutes long.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base