Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

409 results found

1. Operation Blue Line starring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

A 10-minute promotional VHS given out at supermarkets and the like. The Turtles shill with honor as they cross the country to LA in order to promote the LA Metro Blue Line, a rail system running from LA to Long Beach. In order to accomplish their goal, they must overcome the sinister Gridlock, a malefactor who wants to keep LA congested with traffic and smog.

Reasons this deserves a riffing:

-The Turtle costumes are pretty cheap-looking. They just look like giant versions of the original TMNT action figures and have no jaw articulation whatsoever. They make up for it by…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  2. The Death Zones

Every year, during the first week of school, students would be forced to watch the Death Zones...a film produced in the 70's which was supposed to teach kids about bus safety. Instead it made the teachers cry and terrified the students with its snuff film style cinematography!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Du côté de la côte

This seems to be considered something “special” and is apparently part of the criterion collection but it was just weird if you ask me.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Marvel Super Heroes "Animated" TV Series

In 1966, Grantray-Lawrence Animation produced a TV series made up of shorts revolving around various Marvel heroes--Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Namor The Sub-Mariner, and The Hulk. These stories were taken from the Silver Age comics.

And when I say "taken from," I mean literally. The "animation", and I use the term generously, was basically the original comic art with some animation--moving lips, the occasional (slightly) moving figure or a fully animated silhouette, on-screen sound effects.

These shorts reflected the slight cheesiness of Silver Age comics--characters describing their actions even as they played out onscreen, somewhat over-inflated dialogue, etc. In…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shopping Can Be Fun (1957)

Bridget and Mary Jo have done riffs on menstruation, the suburbs, and Tupperware, so they would be perfect to riff this early tribute to the shopping mall.

It's also in the public domain.

And it can be found here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4VT9nOtClw

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trucks

Trucks, a movie from 1997, it’s maximum overdrive’s basement dwelling stepchild. Even the radio controlled tonka trucks murders the mailman to get out of this movie. No real big name actors, but when a fire breaks out, every actor in the movie looks at the smoke and ask, what the **** is that? There’s even an inflatable axe wielding killer. How can you go wrong with redneck hating trucks? The TV seems to only come on when the reporter reminds everyone that there is no electricity and then fades back out to static.
    1. Trucks that don’t really seem to…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  7. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Goldilocks and the three bears in 3d

I had this nightmare of a children's movie as a kid. It is definitely a trip. I think it, along with your guy's humor, would make a great Rifftrax short. Please consider.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  9. Clog Dance (1959) BFI National Archive

Short about the revival of Welsh clog dancing in 1959. Here is the YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRn1XDYIVc&list=WL&index=595

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hazards

Hidden Hazards in Your Home - Narrated by William Shatner - I have a VHS tape dying to be riffed. It is a household safety video narrated by none other than the Man himself. I cannot view it because we don't have a tape player anymore, but I am more than willing to mail it to you for your use! Please let me know if interested! :)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Flannel Boards And How To Use Them

It may be only half the length of Setting Up A Room, but it has twice the tedium! I remember flannel boards from Sunday School, but this takes them to a whole new level!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Not without my handbag

It’s a very creepy claymation short (little over 10 mins) about a lady who dies but comes back as a zombie to get her purse. It features the devil, the dead lady, and her very young niece who now lives alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIvQZm8K-yU

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Good Table Manners

A 14 year old meets himself as a 21 year old wearing the same horrible sweater and the older teaches the younger him about table manners.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Schoolboy Father

Rob Lowe plays a teenage father determined to beat the odds and keep his baby boy. Why should it be riffed?
    1. a young Rob Lowe
    2. the terrible writing
    3. boy fathers have rights, too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Oceans 8

Danny Ocean's sister gets the heist bug and forms a crew to steal a valuable necklace,while it's being worn. I know they don't like to riff comedies,but there is nothing funny in this movie. Lapses in logic,a cast thrown together out of name value alone and the only likeable character is Rhianna who is missed when she's not onscreen. Lacking the energy,sleight of hand and humor of the Clooney series

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Slingblade

Lucas black is the little boy, Billy Bob Thornton is the main character "Carl".
    This would be a good one to riff.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More shorts like the Bill Baird marionettes...maybe just a show with short features instead of a whole movie

I love those "short features" that you do before a full length movie. That short with the Bill Baird marionettes was hysterical. I would love to see a short with just short features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instant French

In keeping with the wackiness of shorts like Phoebe, this gives us a look at the strangeness of 1960s Canada culture. Bilingualism, mistresses, corporate intrigue, black & white film, plus an animated logo to take on Coronet and ACI. What could go wrong?

20+ minutes of pure madness to start your day right in our topsy turvy world today.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/instant_french_en/

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)