Skip to content

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Visit our Knowledgebase to learn more about us!

We get thousands of Movie Suggestions to @RiffTrax, FB.com/RiffTrax, even to +RiffTrax This is the BEST place for them. SEARCH to see if you’re the first to suggest a film, and of course Vote for your favorites!

Tell us 3 good reasons your movie should be considered. Include photos and links and your suggestion MAY end up on RiffTrax.com or in movie theaters for RiffTrax LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE: Adding your suggestions here requires a separate account for ideas.rifftrax.com

409 results found

1. Snuffy's Fire Brigade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YK2hp8niN4

Come witness the horror of a Great Value Cars fire truck tells a cast half full of punky Brewster impersonators about how things in their own home can catch fire and kill them. Gilbert and Sullivan would queef in horror at the tone deafness these children can shriek in while trying to take on this cinematic and musical masterwork brought to you by Burger King. Riff assured that this movie is probably out of copyright since it was released in 1977, and no company of any reputation would want to lay claim to what is surely somebodies greatest regret.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  2. A Day in the Life of a Kitchen

A promotional short for Frigidaire appliances from 1965 that reminds you that it's "the space age" by beating you over the head with that fact as often as they can. The average American family (father, son, daughter, and concrete-hairdo-ed mother) have breakfast at their "space age" kitchen dinette (that guarantees no one in the family need look at anyone else in the family). Later, the son has some friends over to do a dance called the "walk in space" (with the girls wearing glitter-covered space helmets assuring flashbacks to "Moon Zero Two"). And speaking of dancing, check out Mom's dance…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Are Drugs the Answer?

an 18 minute short from around the 70s.
    A Teacher who was one of Timothy Leary's disciples (So this short claims) is talking to students (who have expressions ranging from dazed to zoned out on drugs or just plain empty on brains) about drugs.
    It's PERFECT riff-fodder for you!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pingu (1980-2006)

You can riff one or two of the weirdest episodes of this claymation series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpfW4QPi-c
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100366/reference/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Short films that I directed that I offer to Rifftrax, free of royalty

Hi RT,
    Just a thought -- I made a couple of shorts back in the day when I was young and lived in Hollywood. They're not very good. I'd be honored if they were riffed though.

"Surprise!" long version 18:34
    https://youtu.be/tPbBOXc9Rjg

"Surprise!" Producer's Cut 10:55
    https://youtu.be/pKHYzbYo0Xs

Bitch Trailer Demo long version 4:28
    https://youtu.be/8AEEVK88A-0
    (There's another version but I'm sure it's too short for riffing.)

Can provide extensive context and details. Email me if interested.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rage On The Asphalt

I am currently taking Driver's Ed classes, and this is one of the required videos for one of the sections. I think it would be pretty funny if this one was riffed. It reminds me of a really crappy Twilight Zone episode about road rage.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dinosaurs: The Terrible Lizards

I suggest Dinosaurs: The Terrible Lizards. It's an educational stop motion animated short first filmed in the seventies and then revised in the eighties, so there's two versions to choose from.. It was produced by Wah Chang whose work has already been featured in Jack the Giant Killer and Dinosaurus! The animation ranges from decent to bad and even the revised edition contains information that was known to be incorrect decades before the seventies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ9RXDUYhzI

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. grazzlesnorf@gmail.com

The Naked Witch 1961 The narration of the prologue (done by Gary Owens) reminded me of The Curse of Bigfoot with a touch of The Dead Talk Back. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054111/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Safe Side

A half hour, stranger danger safety documentary starring your friendly neighborhood superhero: Safe Side Super Chick. Watch as she fantasizes about a roller disco gorilla dressed as Greg Brady as Johnny Bravo coming to her door. Discover her unique superpowers like: changing the color of her outfit from green to yellow to red based on how dangerous a situation may or may not be (it's not a precise science sometimes it's just a mailman with a live otter in a crate), turn her face red and shoot steam out of her ears, or create sound effects with her mind. Can…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MGM's Peace on Earth

This was the darkest cartoon I have ever seen. It was created in 1939 and trying to promote peace but literally showed the last two men on earth killing each other. Mind you, this was a story being told by a grandfather rodent to his little grandchildren as a bedtime story. He leaves at the end. I assume to go to "Cafe de Nuts" (which is literally in the new "Peaceville" village) to enjoy his evening. It was extraordinarily humorous without any riffing. I am 100% certain this would become an instant Rifftrax classic.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  11. Why Study Home Economics? (1955)

Again from Young America, the companion piece to MST3K's "Why Study Industrial Arts?" Just as in that film, a high schooler consults with the home ec teacher, who seems to be convincing herself more than the audience of the need for her classes. You have to love the 50's sentiment of the high school girl who is convinced that she's going to be a "homemaker all her life," and that her first home may be (gasp) a TRAILER (!!!) And I love the unexplained southern accent that the girl's sister speaks with (and what is up with her…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Million Dollar Nickel (1952)

From MGM, a great short about how a nickel pays for a stamp so an immigrant can send letters back home. Features little cameos from Ricardo Montalban and Leslie Caron speaking in their native tongues.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Doctor Who: Dimensions in Time

This is bad. Really bad. It was supposed to be the 30th anniversary special but it’s almost as bad as the Star Wars Holiday Special. You won’t be able to actually release the video of it because my understanding is that all of the actors made it for free on the condition that it never be released commercially, but you could do a Just a Riff for people to listen to while watching it on YouTube.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lil' Dan'l Boom

An unsold cartoon pilot from Sam Singer, who has been dubbed the "Ed Wood of animation". Lots of background pans with no animation, cycles, and overall bad pacing.

Watch at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O1UXvSRmj4

More info at https://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/lost-and-found-sam-singers-little-danl-boom-1959/

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Semi-Consious: Driving in the Real World

We watched this for driver's ed. It is excessively musical and poorly acted, with random animated scenes. Need I say more?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The Attitude Factor (1981)

A school bus safety film about the attitudes of bus drivers focuses most of its story on a driver named Barbara Blackstone. It begins with Barbara, a lady with a positive attitude, winning an award for "best all-around driver"; by the end, she is worn down by the mother of a special needs child who constantly complains she's late. Barbara's meltdown to misery is a spectacle to behold and great material for riffing. The short is on YouTube.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captain America (15 part serial)

Let me set the Stage. It’s the mid 1940’s, WWII is raging, and there’s this publication group called Timely Comics. It’s still decades away before they adopt a more “Marvel-ous” name, but for now they have this new character they call Captain America who they think will make waves. Timely wants to make a serial for Cap, Republic has made tons of serials, what could go wrong?

Hilariously, Republic threw out literally everything about Captain America for the serial. Sure he mostly has his costume, but this is not Steve Rogers the super soldier fighting the Nazis with the help…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let's Make a Meal in 20 Minutes & Let's Make a Sandwich (1950)

"Let's Make a Meal in 20 Minutes" AND "Let's Make a Sandwich" from our friends at Simmel-Meservey, makers of the MST3K favorite "A Date with Your Family." Speaking of which, both shorts star "Daughter" from that timeless classic (and the sandwich short also features "Mother"). Both show the viewer the fun that can go into the preparation of food, no matter how unappetizing the final result is. Each short is only about 4 minutes long, so pairing them would be a good idea. And they're both public domain, to boot! Let's Make a Sandwich: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz4SYkwSxTM

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cartoon All Stars To the Rescue

It aired April 21 st 1990. I remember all the kids excited about the greatest crossover in history. Muppet Babies and Winnie the Pooh, Garfield and Alf, Michaelangelo of the Mutant Turtles and Bugs Bunny, Huey Duey and Luey and Alvin, Simon and Theodore. For a thirty minute anti drug special that ended up being heavy handed and sobering instead of being fun. Funded by McDonald's, George Bush and even Joe Biden promoted the special. It definitely needs the crew of Rifftrax to give it the treatment to gently remind us of what happens when conglomerates and politicians force beloved…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Short  ·  Admin →
  20. Boys Beware

I wonder when you will Riff Boys beware. I saw that you covered a fair amount of shorts so I wondered if you'd cover this infamous short. I wonder if the reason it didn't get covered is its controversial subject matter ( Equating homosexuality with pedophilia). Though I would wonder if you'd blast it for it's attitude. I would slam the thing for its bigoted, homophobic views.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RiffTrax Movie Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base